The Guitar Hero Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Atheism vs. Theism

Go down 
+7
Tride
Leaf
Toki
Radninja
GHCity
ConsoleHero
Fugitive
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fugitive
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Fugitive

Number of posts : 316
Infractions : 0/OVER 9000
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:50 am

What do you guys believe in? I'm a strong atheist. I don't see how any "higher power" is possible. I want to hear your opinions and arguments one way or the other.

DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A FLAMEFEST. No matter someone's belief, stay courteous and respectful. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I want mature debating or I'll request a lock on this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fugitive0
ConsoleHero
Noob
ConsoleHero

Number of posts : 27
Infractions : 0/5

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:19 am

Flying Spaghetti Monster for me
Back to top Go down
GHCity
Soloist
GHCity

Number of posts : 265
Infractions : 1/5

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:30 pm

No matter how I present my post, I'll seem like an idiot.

When I find a way to actually make my statement clear, I'll edit this post.

Theism. Being a Christian, I always believed in a "higher power", or God. Think about it; how did the first animals came to be? Sure, you can believe in the Big Bang, but did it really bring animals to the planet? Even if you take the sponge, the world's first animal, how could it evolve into monkeys, snakes, spiders, etc.?
Back to top Go down
Radninja
Getting Started...
Radninja

Number of posts : 60

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:15 pm

(lol me too CH, proud Pastafarian)

Religion to me has always been on the fence. There are some things I find plausible and other things I sit there and shake my head. I don't see a BAM! and then people are here. I see a bit of evolution yes. But then I wonder how in the hell it started out without someone being behind it. So I suppose that I do have belief in a high power, in a god. I don't however believe he has done all this alone. Think Olympian gods, and how their status is. Each had a specific job with Zeus running the show. That is how I think it works up in heaven..... (sorry sounds kinda awkward)
Back to top Go down
Fugitive
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Fugitive

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:30 pm

GHCity wrote:
Think about it; how did the first animals came to be? Sure, you can believe in the Big Bang, but did it really bring animals to the planet? Even if you take the sponge, the world's first animal, how could it evolve into monkeys, snakes, spiders, etc.?

Evolution. It's a fact. I'm not saying sponges evolve into monkeys, but monkeys did evolve from the first cells.
Back to top Go down
Toki
Band Member
Toki

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:31 pm

I'm Christian.
Back to top Go down
Leaf
Admin
Admin
Leaf

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Atheist. That's me. There is no proof in god. Some idiot could of walked up and decided to write a bible.
Back to top Go down
https://guitarhero.forummotion.com
Tride
Rocker
Tride

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:54 pm

I am Christian. Someone had to start this all. And prophecies and whatnot. Now I don't know how God was made, and how he started and whatnot, but I am a Christian. Only on true God in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/P3terCr1ss
Fugitive
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Fugitive

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Does anyone have a legitimate reason for believing in God. I'm curious, because the only reason I ever had to believe was that people told me he exists. My parents, my priests, and strangers. Quite frankly, I don't trust any of those people.

Why have no miracles happened like in biblical ages in the present? Because people can tell fact from fiction now. No one can make up miracles.

I'm just someone who needs proof. It's just not feasible to me.
Back to top Go down
Radninja
Getting Started...
Radninja

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 5:16 pm

I also was an atheist once, I didn't believe jack shit. I didn't believe anyone either. Honestly, I don't believe in half the stuff that is in the bible. God to you may not be a higher being. But there are differnet ways to view God. You may think of the God as a big spirit in the sky. That's not what I see. The miracles are different now. When a baby is born without a problem, that's a miracle. When a couple gets married and they stay together for all of their lives, a miracle. I see God as love, friendship, honesty, strength, caring, forgiving etc. That is my God. It doesn't stand for an almighty ruler that will smite your ass into hell for a sin. Maybe just a being that overwatches to see how it's going. And his prescence is through the emotions in the world. I see people doubt all the time, but this quote kinda covers that. "If you do something right, people won't even know you've done anything at all." (that was long, anyone know where that quotes from, Ill give you a cookie)
Back to top Go down
Matthew
Soloist
Matthew

Number of posts : 273

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Just join a religion lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fugitive
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Fugitive

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:34 am

So you're saying God is all the good in the world? What about the bad? We can't just take the good and not blame "him" for the bad.

I always want to pose something for you guys.
God is suppose to be:
all knowing
all powerful
well meaning

Wo why does shit happen? If he was all of these, nothing bad would happen to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwaste
Getting Started...
Cyberwaste

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:26 am

I believe that a higher power exists, but I don't have any idea what form it takes. I know it's not God because if he existed he would of put our actions that kill "what he created" to a halt and smite the hell out of everyone involved... Not too many left.
Back to top Go down
ajKozack
Getting Started...
ajKozack

Number of posts : 96

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:32 pm

I believe in a higher being such as God. God created us so we could lead our own lives and evolve and communicate. You are rewarded for doing good and punished for sins. The Bible, I believe is just stories to guide you. You don't have to believe the miracles it tells but it doesn't mean the message isn't good. The Bible isn't just a bunch of lies that some idiot wrote, they are stories and situations that could be similar to what someone is going through, so they look to it to find help. The Bible promotes peace and that is all that matters.

People choose to believe in these things because nobody really knows how or why we exist, but it brings comfort to people to believe in something, and in turn lead good lives knowing that they have a purpose. I am not saying Atheists can't live good lives, I am just stating why I believe in what I believe in.
Back to top Go down
Radninja
Getting Started...
Radninja

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:53 pm

The bad would be Satan.... And everything must balance out, If there's to much good things will be artificial. To much bad things would be chaotic. The world needs balance (though right now it's not looking to fine.) Everything happens for a reason, whether it be obvious now or way down the road in 200 years. A reason may never be discovered. If there is a higher being it allowed us to have our own decisions. To make up our own minds. You can doubt, believe. It's your choice. And he won't destroy you for that because he allowed you to have those thoughts.. (make sense?)
Back to top Go down
Fugitive
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Fugitive

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:33 pm

Nope, doesn't make sense. Sounds like a load of horse shit (sorry if that's offensive).

God is suppose to be all powerful, why doesn't have just take satan down. What you seem to be getting at, Radninja, is a debate over fate. I don't believe in it. Things happen because of decisions you make and your actions, nothing is planned out ahead of time (my beliefs).

Secondly, why doe you say the world needs chaos? Wouldn't the world be a great place if no one was getting raped, murdered, and tortured daily. I don't see why these things are necessary to have good in the world, and why an all powerful, all knowing, and well meaning god would let this happen.
Back to top Go down
Radninja
Getting Started...
Radninja

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:48 pm

(not offensive, little blunt though lol)

Reading back it does seem I've caught myself in a few different debates. My bad. Heres a break down. Through my eyes there is some form of higher being, or God so to speak. And he's represented through the good things in our lives (love, friendship, etc.). And their is another being, or Satan so to speak. He is represented through the bad things in our lives (temptation, hate, envy, jealousy, etc.).

If you've ever read Huxley's book Brave New World you'd understand why we need a balance of good and bad. We wouldn't have bad if people would make the right decisions. And each time they do make the wrong decisions the devil is represented and stronger. How can God destroy something that we are in control of? If he were to destroy Satan would the people not just do the same **** thing over and over? Don't you decide if you want to rape or kill someone?
Back to top Go down
GHCity
Soloist
GHCity

Number of posts : 265
Infractions : 1/5

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Satan is mostly the work of all evil. The reason why Satan isn't being down is because there God has a time and plan for him to go into the "Lake Of Fire".

You know what? I think this thread will turn into a flamefest. It's just me.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Fugitive

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:22 pm

GHCity wrote:
Satan is mostly the work of all evil. The reason why Satan isn't being down is because there God has a time and plan for him to go into the "Lake Of Fire".

You know what? I think this thread will turn into a flamefest. It's just me.

I think it's actually a responsible debate right now... although I also think that I'm the only one arguing the point of atheism. Once I start seeing posts like "GOD IS TEH PWNZ0R UR RONG FUG" or "U GUYS R STOOPID RELIFAGS" then I will declare flamefest and lock it.

Don't worry, I have more to say on the debate, but I have to go study...
Back to top Go down
Matthew
Soloist
Matthew

Number of posts : 273

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:45 pm

About Satan, I think he's there for the people who choose to be away from God.
I think he's to show not everyone loves God.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryDarkKnight
Soloist
LegendaryDarkKnight

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Fugitive wrote:
What do you guys believe in? I'm a strong atheist. I don't see how any "higher power" is possible. I want to hear your opinions and arguments one way or the other.

DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A FLAMEFEST. No matter someone's belief, stay courteous and respectful. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I want mature debating or I'll request a lock on this thread.
Same here
Back to top Go down
http://www.gods-of-metal.forum-motion.com
Radninja
Getting Started...
Radninja

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:11 pm

I plan to be completely responsible. I am not dissing Atheism nor Theism. I'm debating, and showing my morals and values. If I am doing something wrong please tell me. I will completely change my arguing tactics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Atheism vs. Theism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs. Theism   Atheism vs. Theism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atheism vs. Theism
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guitar Hero Forum :: Off Topic :: Other Forums :: Debate Hall-
Jump to: